When you think of self care. What do you think of? Face masks? Candle lit bath? Spa weekend away? Yes, you are correct BUT this is only one way of 6 different types of self care. You can always take time for self care. So, let me tell you all 6 types of self care and what is classed as each one..
1) The main way of Self Care is Pampering.
- A face mask
- A hot bath
- A hair mask
- Painting your nails
2) Physical. Physical self care is so important, you have to move your body and have fresh air daily in order to stay healthy.
- Going for a walk
- Healthy food
- Different forms of exercise
3) Emotional. Realising your feelings. Understand your emotions. Know that it is normal to feel this way.
- Stress management
- Have a little cry
- Forgive yourself
- Have a few deep breathes
- Be kind to yourself
3) Social Self Care is so important. It can range from learning to say no, to talking to friends to take the weight off your shoulders.
- Know your boundaries. You don’t feel up to going out? Say no. That’s okay!
- Unfollow people on social media who don’t make you feel good about yourself.
- Communicate. If you need someone to talk to, talk to someone. Technology is amazing. You need someone, call them.
- Time together. If you feel low, go and grab a coffee with someone.
- Ask for help. Be honest with yourself, if you need someone, tell them.
4) Spiritual self care. This doesn’t apply to everyone. If you don’t class yourself as spiritual, please don’t knock it until you try it.
- Time alone
- Manifestation letter
- Full moon/new moon rituals
- Tarot card/angel card pulls
5) Personal self care. Do something that you love. Something for you. Take time to chill, and do something that makes you happy.
6) Self Care through space around you. Where you are living. I always like to say, tidy home, tidy mind. Messy space, messy life.
- Tidy your room
- Have a spring clean
- Clean the bathroom
- Change your bedding
I hope you’ve enjoyed this blog and learning about the different types of way you can care for your self. I hope you put them into practice in this coming week. Why not give yourself at least half an hour each day for any sort of self care. Remember listen to your body. Have a lovely week!!
Stay safe, lots of love,