Christmas nails is always something I have been such a fan off. I love any sort of nail art, and I love Christmas so mix the too together and I’m yours! My job only allows me to wear red nails, but for Christmas we are allowed to add some Christmas glitter, so I will add my nails this year. But, some of the other pictures are my nails from previous years, and others are some I’ve found on Pintrest that I love the look of!
Which one is these nail designs are your favourite? What nail style and colour have you gone for this year?
What else is there to do at Christmas time when it’s dark? Obviously, you have to go and look at Christmas lights. Whether it’s walking or driving. Whether it’s with a Costa hot chocolate or one from home. Whether alone or with a friend, you can’t go wrong.
Do you enjoy looking a Christmas lights? Have you seen any amazing displays this year? What hot drink do you take with you.? Do you prefer to walk or drive?
This is one of those blogs that I feel like have to be involved in Blogmas. I technically isn’t blogmas without you guys knowing what’s on my Christmas list this year. I also planned this very carefully! I have decided to post this blog on this day for a very special reason, so do my other half if you a reading this, you’ve got time! No, I am only joking I’m sure he will smash Christmas, like he normally does!
(None of these pictures are mine, but I wanted to have pictures to show what I mean)
Eco Cotton Pads. I really want to start helping the environment in many more ways than I already do, I think these will help so much as I am always putting on and removing make up for work.
Lush Lip Scrub. I mean I feel like if you don’t get a Christmas present from lush, whether it’s a bath bomb or something else, it’s not really Christmas, is it?
Dove Set. I am such a massive fan of the brand dove. It’s so kind on your skin and always smells so nice. I am never gonna say no to anything from Dove.
Bath Pillow. I love having a bath, but I have to be comfortable so this a no brainer.
Bath Shelf. On the topics of baths, I spend a lot of time in my baths, so need somewhere to put my movie.
Ordinary Set. I love this brand, and I feel like a set is a great way to try new products.
Ear Warmer. I think these look so cute, I love being warm, but do you ever wanna have warm ears with a cute high pony tail, because I know I do.
Turtle Ring for honu. I love Honu as a brand. They sell such cute items, and some of their profit goes to a great cause.
Mark Hil Hair Care Set. I love Mark Hill as a brand, it’s so good in my hair. It’s worked wonders for me.
Hope you loved this blog as much as I loved creating it! What are you wishing for Christmas this year??
If you follow me on Instagram or have followed me on here for a while you’ll know how much I love candles, wax melts and everything like that. So, of course I have to do one based on Christmas smells for my Blogmas. I also have a very special announcement on how you can support a small business this year.
Firstly, let’s talk about Christmas smells first. What would you class as a Christmas smell? Gingerbread? Pine? Candy cane? Winter Berries? I have a found all of these smells, all for a decent price.
First I visited ASDA. Where I found a wide selection of candles and wax melts. But, only a few related to Christmas and Autumn.
I picked up one of each that I could find, so I could try them all. Sugar pine smells amazing and so does dancing leaves. I was very indecisive about picking up the warm apple ones because I don’t like apple pie, but I smelt it in the shop and it’s not like an apple pie smell, it’s more of an autumnal smell. I am also very extra, I use the gingerbread cookies as the tea light underneath the wax in the wax melt holder to make the smell so much more powerful.
Now, announcement time! I have kindly been gifted some beautiful wax melts from a small business which I found on Instagram. If you are not a wax melt person or do not own a wax melt burner then you can purchase a wax melt starter pack which includes three wax melts with a wax burner.
I think these are amazing stocking fillers, or even a little extra gift if you are feeling nice, or why not treat yourself this Christmas! They also have noneChristmas smell ones that you can use all year round such as Bubblegum, Cappuccino, Fresh Linen and Lavender.
I mean you can’t go wrong for a couple quid, for something that looks and smells amazing, in beautiful packaging while supporting a small business in this crazy time. You can even use the code Emily10 for 10% off your order!
What are your favourite smells of Christmas? Finally, please make sure that you check out waxinfusion.co.uk and use Emily10 for 10% off your order! Keep supporting small business in this crazy time!
I’ve had a few comments from posting pictures if my tree this year, that people like may wrapping paper and wanted to know where it was from? So, I decided as it’s Christmas themed that I would add it to my Blogmas!
This is the style I’ve gone for and can I just say I love it! I feel like it’s simple but looks amazing! I love the fact that the one role can be used for anyone, young children to grandparents, any gender. I also love the sharpie pen on the paper I feel like it’s clear to see who it’s address for so no mix ups.
My favourite part of this has to be the wrapping paper and not just because of being the main part but because of how amazing it really is. So, first on the wrapping paper is only £2.50 for 8 metres of roll at Sainsbury’s. It also comes in a the deal of 3 for 2 at most of the Sainsbury’s stores! And lastly, it is eco friendly, it’s been made from recycled paper and can be recycled after use which is always an amazing thing!
I feel like in this world, you’re either a silver person, a gold person or a rose gold person. I am definitely a silver person, hence why I decided to step my wrapping up with this Bow and Ribbon pack in silver. Also, in the 3 for 2 deal at Sainsbury’s!
What wrapping have you gone with this year? What do you think of the style I have gone for?
As Christmas is approaching, it’s always good to get in the festive mood. I wanted to share with you my favourite festive day out, that you can still do in this pandemic!
Personally, I think the most Christmas place at Christmas is a garden centre. My favourite thing to do for a festive day out is to visit a garden centre and look at all the Christmas decorations. The best part about this day out, is if you go to a garden centre with a cafe instead (Costa etc) and you can finish the day with a nice hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows.
I love this day out because you can near enough do this day out with anyone, whether family, friends or partner, obviously with the certain restrictions at the minute make sure you a following government guidelines with social distancing and mixing of households.
What do you do as a festive day out? I’d love to know to be inspired!
Recently I decided to make so Christmas cookies and they tasted amazing, so I thought I would share the recipe with you! I love Christmas and I love food. So, what is better than Christmas food?
125g of softened butter
75g brown sugar
75g caster sugar
1 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
280g of Plain Flour
1) Heat the oven to 190°c.
2) Cream the butter and both sugars until fluffy.
3) Beat the egg, add the vanilla and add it to the butter and sugar mix.
4) Stir in the flour to make a dough.
5) Put dough in the fridge to chill for a few hours.
6) On a floured surface, roll the dough out. Use cookie cutters to cut biscuits. Re-roll the trimmings until all dough is used.
7) Put biscuits onto baking trays and bake for around 8-10 mins or until slightly golden, then leave to cool.
8) To make icing, mix butter and icing sugar together to make creamy icing. Add food colouring if wanted. To make Lotus sauce icing sugar, just add the sauce to the icing mix. Add decorations/edible glitter as and if you please.
Hope this inspires you this Christmas, let me know if you use this recipe and how you get on!
As blogmas is all about Christmas, I thought it was only right that I lost my favourite things about Christmas. So, let’s get into it…
1) My all time favourite thing about Christmas has to be the cosy feeling. I love coming home, when it’s dark and putting my pyjamas on. I love the fairy lights, watching christmas films. When it’s cold outside and you snuggle up under the duvet with a hot chocolate or cup of tea.
2) Gift buying for people. I love shopping and Christmas shopping is the best, I love my family and I love buying nice things for them. So, this is the perfect excuse to spoil them! I love the feeling when someone you love opens a Christmas present that they wanted, that feeling is priceless.
3) Everyone seems to be in a good mood, everyone is so jolly and happy. I feel like I can say hello to everyone in the street. You also get so much family time time. Christmas is just great at bring people together.
4) The streets are lit up, there is nothing better than going for a drive at nighttime and seeing the houses all lit up and ready for Christmas, it just puts such a smile on my face! Especially, when you have a festive hot chocolate in your hand. I love the excuse to drink your weight in hot chocolate at Christmas time. Everywhere seems to get fancy hot chocolate whether it’s McDonald’s, Costa or Starbucks.
5) Wrapping presents. I love wrapping presents, I love to wait until it’s dark outside, close the curtains, but the Christmas tree lights on and all the twinkley lights in my room, put a Christmas film on and wrap the presents in my pyjamas. I love wrapping so much that I wrap my boyfriends presents for his family too.
When you think of a Christmas, what do you think of? When you think of a Christmas item, what do you think of? A Christmas tree! So, I thought as I am taking part in blogmas, it’s only right that I show you what’s on my Christmas tree!
My Christmas Tree I’ve had since the 2016 Christmas, so this is my fifth year having this tree. I was 18 when I bought it for my first Christmas away from home. I wanted something cheap, to last the year. I bought this tree from B&M for around £17. It’s lasted me so well and it’s been amazing at Judy doing the job. The lights and basic gold and red baubles are also from B&M and were only cheap.
I don’t know if it’s just me, but I definitely have favourite meaningful baubles, and I just thought I’d like to share them with you. So, here are my top 3 favourite baubles…
1) The Aristocats. This one is definitely my favourite. I think it’s absolutely beautiful, it’s glass and just so cute. I am a massive Marie from The Aristocats fan, so I thought it was only right to own something with the other two kittens on, Toulouse and Berlioz.
2) Ollie and Emily’s First Christmas. This one is definitely more meaningful to me. My other half bought me this for our first Christmas together back in 2016, it’s been something that we love putting on the tree every year, it’s just so special to me, and I hope we put it on our trees for many more years to come, hopefully one day in our own home.
3) DisneyLand Paris 2019. This one is also very meaningful. My partner got me this from DisneyLand Paris, and had it engraved with our initials and “DLP” (DisneyLand Paris). DisneyLand is one of my favourite places, Christmas is one of my favourite times and Ollie is one of my favourite people, so it really does make me very happy!
As you can see under my tree, I have gone all out with my wrapping this year. I’m thinking on doing a little blog on Christmas wrapping, is this something you’d be interested in?
As the weather is getting colder, it’s getting harsher on our skin. Therefore, we need to step up our routines. But, at this time of year, I personally think less is more. Therefore I will only be using three products. Yes, THREE products.
The two main parts of keeping your skin clean in the winter period, personally in my opinion, is washing and keeping moisturised. You may, or may not have seen the recent hype (especially on tiktok) about cleaning your face with Dove bar soap.
The Dove soap is amazing if you haven’t tried it, definitely give it a go. It’s about £1 for two soaps. All you have to do it’s clean your face with it twice a day. I did this for about five days before I saw any results.
The other part of keeping your skin clean in the winter period other than washing your face, is to keep it moisturised. I would not suggest to mix up your moisturiser if you have got a good one already. My personal favourite is the Neutogena Refreshingly Clear Moisturiser. It smells amazing, like grapefruit to be exact and it feels so good on my skin.
I also feel like you cannot get through the winter months without a lip balm or you get super dry lips. My all time favourite lip product has to be the Classic Carmex, I just love the tingle feeling so much in the cold, it just feels like it’s actually working and is actually doing something for you.
It’s always good to keep up self care, so in the winter months it’s a good idea to adapt your self care around the colder weather. I love a face mask, but you want to be gentle to your skin at this time of year, so the face mask I tend to use the Revolution Feed Your Face Watermelon Mask. It’s so good at keeping your face hydrated. I would definitely recommend!
What are your favour skincare products in the colder months? Do you agree that less is more, or do use more products in the cold?