Although lockdown is coming to an end, I thought I would write a little blog on how I am staying sane in this crazy time.
1) My first biggest tip in order to staying sane, in this crazy time is to have a routine. A routine is literally the only thing keeping me going. I have no idea where I would be without a routine right now. If you are going to bed at silly o’clock in the morning and waking up in the middle of the day, you are most probably not going to be feeling great.
Keeping to the topic of a routine….
2) A morning routine is absolutely incredible.
- Set an alarm. Anywhere from 8am-10am I would personally recommend.
- When your alarm goes, leave your room and head to the bathroom. Do everything you normally would do in the bathroom, but do it all at once and now. Toilet, shower, teeth, face etc.
- When you return to your room, first thing you’re going to do is make your bed. A made bed is harder to get in. Once your bed is made you do not get back in until the nighttime. Sitting on your bed and under a blanket is all good. But, do not get under the duvet.
- Open the curtains, and open the window. I don’t care how cold it is. Open your window, even if you only have it open while you get ready, that’s fine. You just need some sort of fresh air.
- Now, you get ready, get changed. Do your hair, even if you just brush and fling it back into a messy bun. Do your face, make up or not. If no make up, do your skincare.
3) Write a to do list. I know with lockdown it’s hard to find things to do. But, write everything that is possible on there. Even if you write…
- Go for a walk
- Eat three meals
- Watch three episodes of my favourite series
- Make my bed
- Take vitamins
All of these things are so positive, and even if you only do them, you should be so proud because it’s so hard to find the motivation to anything at this current time.
If you are looking for some more productive things to do, below are some examples, from my previous to do lists…
- Instagram follower clear
- Do wash load
- Empty dishwasher
- 15k steps
- Film tiktoks
- Book driving test
- Make vision board
I honestly think we are never gonna have this time again to do nothing. So use it wisely, what have you always wanted to do but you couldn’t because you were too tired or didn’t have enough time? Do this now!! You may never get this opportunity again!
4) Go outside. Fresh air is so good for you, being cooped up all time will do you no good. Go outside everyday, even if you some days you walk and other days (when you are not feeling so good) drink your cup of tea in the garden. It’ll do you the world of good and can make such a difference to your mind and your mood.
5) Finally, this is something I have only picked up this lockdown, but once again something which I’ve wanted to start for ages but always put a side. Journaling. There are so many different ways to journal, but if you are wanting to change your lockdown to be more positive, please just do this for me. Get yourself a notebook, or even just a piece of paper, you can either do this before bed, or at some point in your morning routine. Just write everything down. What you’ve been up to. What you have achieved. What you want to achieve. How you feel. Why you feel that way. Getting thoughts out of your head and onto a bit of paper will make your mind more at ease.
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading my five top tips for a more positive lockdown, let me know if there is anything that I’ve missed that you do to keep yourself sane. If there is anything on here that you are going to try, let me know and let me know how it goes.
I really hope I’ve helped at least one person from this blog. Just know, this is coming to an end and things are getting better. You’ve got this!
Stay safe, lots of love,