Recently I decided to make so Christmas cookies and they tasted amazing, so I thought I would share the recipe with you! I love Christmas and I love food. So, what is better than Christmas food?
125g of softened butter
75g brown sugar
75g caster sugar
1 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
280g of Plain Flour
1) Heat the oven to 190°c.
2) Cream the butter and both sugars until fluffy.
3) Beat the egg, add the vanilla and add it to the butter and sugar mix.
4) Stir in the flour to make a dough.
5) Put dough in the fridge to chill for a few hours.
6) On a floured surface, roll the dough out. Use cookie cutters to cut biscuits. Re-roll the trimmings until all dough is used.
7) Put biscuits onto baking trays and bake for around 8-10 mins or until slightly golden, then leave to cool.
8) To make icing, mix butter and icing sugar together to make creamy icing. Add food colouring if wanted. To make Lotus sauce icing sugar, just add the sauce to the icing mix. Add decorations/edible glitter as and if you please.
Hope this inspires you this Christmas, let me know if you use this recipe and how you get on!